Monday, March 12, 2012

Hanna

Director: Joe Wright

   I sadly missed this film last year. But it is a very interesting movie but not what I was expecting. I'm not saying it was a bad movie because it definitely wasn't that. It's very much like Drive that the commercials and marketing made it look like a certain type of film to appeal to a broader audience but it didn't need to.
   There are good performances all around in the cast but what shines the most in this film is the score. Director Joe Wright (Atonement) decided to have The Chemical Brothers do the music. I've heard some of their music before so I had an idea of what to expect with the music. My thoughts of it were off, I thought it was going to be extremely intense and serious but what I got was this score that wasn't serious in the bit. It did play off the intensity of certain but it was also very playful and innocent. Which is what you would think when you saw the character Hanna played nicely by Saoirse Ronan (The Lovely Bones), she seems so innocent(and she actually is) at first but she'll snap your neck if she has to, which she actually does in one scene.
   Good cast, good directing, a brilliant score and you have a very good film. The only thing it's lacking is a better plot. I feel like the plot in the film has been done so many times before that the writer could have come up with some thing a bit better than what was presented to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment