Sunday, January 5, 2014

Worst Films of 2013

     


So far we've done the best box office films, best in genre, and three separate Best of 2013 lists...but what about the worst?  We have decided to each pick the movie we thought was the absolute worst of the year.  So here it is, folks.  Let us know what you think!

Josh's Pick:  MOVIE 43


With such an amazing cast, there's no way this movie can be that bad?  Right?  Wrong.  I have no idea how they convinced all of these A-list actors to be in such a bad film.  Now, I will admit, I did have some laughs while watching it, but it's so outrageous that it left a bad taste in my mouth.  I'm not sure which part was worse: Hugh Jackman's neck balls, Anna Faris wanting to be pooped on, or Halle Berry stirring guacamole with a big fake breast.  Feel free to judge for yourself, seeing as it is on Netflix right now, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Release Date:  January 25, 2013



Eli's Pick:  A HAUNTED HOUSE


I had the misfortune of seeing this and Movie 43 in the same weekend, but I can only blame myself for borrowing them both from the library at the same time. Now, don't hate me, but I don't think they are horrible, they are just definitely the worst films I've seen this year. Movie 43 and A Haunted House both have a couple of laughs, but that's it, a couple. I was hoping A Haunted House would be better. I thoroughly enjoy Marlon Wayans' comedy style and many of his older films but this was just not up to par. The majority of it did nothing for me and that makes me sad. Maybe next time Marlon. 

Release Date:  January 11, 2013



Paul's Pick:  MAGIC MAGIC


I thought oh cool Juno Temple and Michael Cera in dramatic roles in what looks like a suspenseful thriller. In reverse, Juno Temple plays the worst person to go on vacation with ever! She refuses to have any sort of fun while on vacation in South America. Just because Michael Cera killed a chicken.   Micheal Cera plays some sort of South American douche bag with a horrible accent. The film itself is poorly paced, frustrating, and pretentious. There's a god damn shot of water over flowing in a glass in slow motion that last a fucking minute. A FUCKING MINUTE!!! Fuck this movie! 

Release Date:  August 16, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment