|DISCLAIMER: Do not consume alcohol if you are under the legal drinking age in your country. Drink responsibly. If you feel sick stop.|
Welcome to our new segment here on Previously Untitled, Don't Watch Alone! Where we help you plan your weekend by suggesting some horribly awesome movies you can watch with your friends and a bottle of alcohol.
I figured we should start things off with a couple of classics, Troll 2 and Plan 9 From Outer Space!
Troll 2 is a special film about goblins that live in the town of Nilbog and eat vegitized humans. The title for Troll 2 comes from a poorly planned marketing scheme to look like a sequel to the horror film Troll. The director made the brilliant decision to blend over the top acting with underwhelming acting and it really pays off.
Drink every time...
- The mother screws up her lines
- Grandpa Seth appears.
- Grandpa Seth vanishes.
- Joshua calls for grandpa Seth or someone yell's "Grandpa!"
- The father is upset at Joshua.
- There's milk involved.
- Someone says Nilbog.
- When someone says goblin.
- When you see a goblin.
- When someone is turned into a veggie tray.
- When there is green slime. Drink twice if it's on the food.
Drink during the entire...
- Dance scene.
- Time freeze when Joshua tries to figure out how to save the family.
- The corn sex scene.
Finish your drink...
- When Joshua "saves" the family.
- When you see pop corn.
Saturday: Plan 9 from Outer Space
Plan 9 from Outer Space set the standard for all bad great films. There's so many reasons it's a horribly amazing film. You need to see it to believe it.
Drink every time...
- You hear Criswell's voice over.
- You feel sad for Bela Lugosi. Either his character or more likely the man himself.
- The sets look like they are about to fall apart or are just curtains.
- You see flying saucers.
- Bela Lugosi's character's face is hidden behind his cape.
- Stock footage is used.
- A shadow or light is cast on the "sky."
- Day and night suddenly switch places.
- Tor makes this face...
Chug during the entire...
- Criswell introduction
Finish your drink when...
- A character reads directly from the script.
- When you realize they're not even attempting to fly the "plane."
Remember be safe. If you feel like you're getting sick stop.
See you here next week when I look at Roger Corman's Fantastic Four and Hercules in New York.
Until then, follow us on Twitter @PU_FilmBlog for more articles and updates.